HANCOCK — With the 2021-22 college 12 months set to start on Tuesday, Sept. 7, many dad and mom and guardians have had questions relating to the upcoming college 12 months.
In a July 6 electronic mail, Superintendent Steve Patchin addressed each questions and circulating rumors he hopes to quell, significantly in reference to COVID-19 testing and vaccines.
The Faculty Board and the constructing management, he acknowledged, are planning to open below the next circumstances:
– Facial coverings is not going to be required to attend our faculty for any college students or workers. We’ll respect people who select to proceed to put on facial coverings.
– We is not going to require our college students or workers to be vaccinated as a situation to attend our faculty or take part in sports activities or after hours programming.
– We is not going to require college students collaborating in sports activities or people who haven’t been vaccinated to be examined for COVID-19 on a weekly foundation (or anytime).
– With our upgraded cleansing protocols.
– With our broad implementation of hand sanitizing stations.
– With airflow methods utilizing our upgraded HVAC software program/CO2 sensor programs.
– With encouraging wholesome habits like handwashing and protecting your mouth whenever you cough or sneeze.
– With our use of out of doors area for lessons when accessible, together with classroom breaks.
– Provide reside streaming of all our sporting occasions for these unable to attend.
– With our coverage of staying house sick when you have signs of sickness till you’re 24 hours freed from signs.
– With our outside highschool commencement and parade.
“These protocols may also assist us mitigate annual flu and chilly seasons,” Patchin added, “offering a wholesome environment for our college students to be taught to develop.”
Hancock Colleges has been working its Northern Lights Summer time Studying/Journey Applications and several other sports activities camps using these methods since June 21, Patchin acknowledged. Tons of of scholars from all through the realm are at present collaborating in these face-to-face applications within the college buildings every week.
The district’s atmosphere continues to be wholesome and secure, he acknowledged. Administration and workers are at present, efficiently, training the Fall back-to-normal.
“Please proceed to share your issues with our faculty board members and our district management group,” Patchin instructed. “Our purpose is to restrict any misinformation and/or misunderstandings by guaranteeing you’ve gotten present and factual info.”