Photoillustration: Jonah Comstock, photograph courtesy Oscar Well being
As of late, insurtech is its personal burgeoning startup ecosystem. However in 2012, a startup elbowing into an area dominated by large long-term gamers like United, Humana, Cigna and the Blues was audacious and remarkable. Enter Oscar Well being, the medical insurance startup that is been pushing the envelope, exploring methods know-how can enhance the expertise.
For as we speak’s HIMSSCast, Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser joins host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare Finance Information Managing Editor Susan Morse to inform his story and reply some questions in regards to the firm’s newest strikes. Alongside the way in which, we focus on telehealth, value-based care, and extra.
You’ll want to take a look at Mario subsequent week on the HIMSS State of Healthcare event on June fifteenth, the place he’ll characterize the payer perspective on a panel of healthcare specialists.
- What makes Oscar’s full-stack strategy to know-how totally different?
- Differentiators: Automation, digital main care, +Oscar.
- Main components driving tendencies in healthcare.
- How COVID boosted the digital main care enterprise.
- How Oscar overcame (and overcomes) healthcare’s first-mover curse.
- ‘Shifting the battlefield” towards value-based care.
- Driving Oscar in the direction of profitability.
- Oscar’s relationship with Cigna, and with different payers.
- Shifting towards the frontier of risk-based funds.
- Why telemedicine and value-based care want one another.
- The Catch-22 of risk-sharing in healthcare.
- The rising “orthogonal” healthcare system.
- The final mile in telehealth.
- Rising supplier curiosity in being within the well being plan enterprise.
Extra about this episode: